I wore this red maxi wrap dress on a recent vacation in Mexico (shared here and here), and it’s one of my favorite maxi dresses to pull out for a summer date night. SO I thought today I could share some of our favorite summer date night activities!
Although I can’t claim I came to this idea on my own. A few days ago I asked those of you who watch my Insta-Stories on Instagram for some suggestions of content that you would like to see. I was so excited to get so many fantastic suggestions and am getting started with them this week, so stay tuned!
But let’s get into it, shall we? I quizzed Christian and below are some of our favorite summer-themed dates. I know that not all of these can be done in every town, but I’m just sharing some of our favorites here in OC.
1. Bike rides to dinner, drinks, a brewery or wine tasting, farmers markets, lunch – you get it.
2. Taking the top off the Jeep and going basically anywhere.
3. Walks on the pier and bonfires on the beach.
4. Pulling out our record player and listening to vinyls under the bistro lights on the patio, grilling out with some wine.
5. Sunset picnics in the park or at the beach.
6. Showering early and watching a movie in pj’s in the bed with popcorn.
7. Evening swims or visits to the jacuzzi.
8. Play bocce ball, dominoes or scrabble. Who doesn’t love a board game?
9. Go to an Angels baseball game (we can actually ride our bikes)!
10. Go see a comedy show. I am so excited to have tickets to Heather McDonald‘s live podcast taping this weekend at the Irvine Improv, she has other stand-up shows this weekend too! We’ve also seen some other great shows there and some hilaaarrious shows in San Francisco.
A few more things we’ve never actually done together but would love to do are a drive-in movie theater, rent a tandem bike and go mini-golfing or bowling.
photos by Hallie Duesenberg
dress, also love this one and this one | heels, similar look for less here | clutch | lipstick in Tilt | earrings – no longer available, similar styles here, here and here | turquoise ring | monogram ring | pinky ring | “3” necklace and “c” bracelet
Do you have any summer date night activities you love to do this time of year? I’d love to hear any suggestions! Thanks so much for reading – XO –