– packing for (and arriving to) NYC –
– subway rides and eggnog lattes –
– a Christmas boat tour to see the decorated homes and yachts on the Newport Harbor –
– trying out this apple pie shot recipe –
– wreath shopping with my guy at Whole Foods –
– rosé to celebrate the end of some big work projects –
– this perfectly darling XO necklace from INPink –
– seeing the amazing and Tony Awards Best Musical 2013 Kinky Boots (another great snippet here) –
A special Friday’s Ten since it’s so close to Christmas with so much happening this week!! I was excited to have a short work week, heading to New York with my parents on Wednesday. Christian had to stay home and work, and while he’s definitely missed, it is really wonderful to spend some quality time with my parents during the holiday season. It’s so crazy to be here knowing that in January, Christian interviewed at NYU for his medical residency in ear, nose and throat. God certainly had a plan that He revealed in His time, and I have a lot of love for Cali, but boy…this city is one of a kind. I’ve always loved the attitude and energy of NY, even though it’s crowded. So very crowded. I’ve taken so many great photos that I can’t wait to share with y’all – stay tuned!
What are you doing this weekend to prep for the holidays? I hope you have a festive weekend plan. When I get home I plan to grocery shop to prep for our Christmas meal – grape leaves, steaks, mashed potatoes, asparagus and homemade rolls with Christian’s favorite heath bar cake for dessert. What do you typically eat with your family for Christmas?
Thanks so much for reading and don’t forget to enter the L.Mae Boutique $250 shopping spree giveaway and The Shelf $500 Zara Giveaway!! Happy weekend – XO –