I was in the kitchen at work one day and noticed a coworker putting together a delicious kale and quinoa salad. If I was a Californian, I would have observed from afar, trying to piece together the ingredients. However I am Southern, so I poked my head in her salad and immediately asked, “what all you got in there!?”
She sweetly shared the ingredients with me (and didn’t ask me to get my face out of her lunch), and I knew I would be recreating this salad at home. So fresh, healthy and delicious – it’s been one of my go-to packed lunches and I wanted to share.
- shredded brussels sprouts (optional – I just love some sprouts!)
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red or green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- a few slices of avocado
- Dressing: 1 TB whole grain dijon mustard
- Dressing: 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil (to taste)
- Dressing: salt & pepper to taste
Chop the veggies (excluding avocado) and toss in a bowl (or on a plate). Mix the dressing together in a sealed container (I use a mason jar) and shake well. Pour over salad and veggies, layer avocado over the top of the salad and bon appétit!
Do you have a favorite kale salad? Do share! Thanks so much for reading and don’t forget to enter the Kiki La’Rue giveaway! XO –