– a short visit to Oxford, Mississippi for the burial of our sweet Edie’s ashes –
– a walk around the Square with my Dad –
– and back home after several weeks of travel –
– gearing up for a long weekend at home with my guy (and a binge-sesh of The Night Of) –
– catching up on work and treating myself to happy hour for one –
Reunited and it feels so good! I’ve been home all week and have a few more days before I head to New York. It’s been so wonderful to be back in my space and routine. I always feel like my best self when I’m home – it’s the control-freak in me, I confess.
Christian is on call this weekend, but now that he is senior call I can tell a big difference. In years past, “on call” meant Christian’s pager was going off constantly and he would be in and out all 24-hours of the day. Lately it’s meant a few calls here and there, but rarely something that takes him away all day. This is a huge milestone (or at least I think so)! We won’t be going far from the house this weekend so that he can stay close to the hospital, but after traveling so much, I have no complaints.
AND, some exciting news – Morning Lavender is having a summer sale and several of the pieces from the CBL for ML collection are marked down up to 50% off with code Summer2016! Cute cute cuuuuttteee – if you’re looking for any off the shoulder pretty things, they have you set!
What do you guys have planned this weekend? If you’re laying low like me, I recommend The Night Of on HBO. It’s like Serial-podcast-turned-TV-show. Amazingness! Thanks so much for reading – XO –