It’s no secret that I am former pageant gal (shoutout Miss Mississippi Teen USA… a million years ago), so I have a few beauty hacks up my sleeve. Some of them are still useful today, others not so much. And by not so much I mean roller ball booty glue to keep your swimsuit from moving around while you’re onstage. Again… not as useful.
BUT today I want to share some of my favorite beauty tricks that I still use all the time. And of course, if you have any hidden secrets up your sleeve, spill it ladies!
1) Toupee Tape for Body/Fabric Tape | This is my favorite by a landslide. What is going to be stronger to hold that dress to your chest than the tape that holds a man’s toupee to his dome!?
2) Castor Oil in Hair | I just discovered this hair mask recently and have been loving the results. Once a week I give my mane an oil treatment. I massage it into my scalp for about five minutes, accelerating blood circulation to the scalp and increasing hair growth. It also nourishes the scalp and strengthen the roots. Then I just put all my hair in a top knot for up to six hours and forget about it. I’m about out of this batch and just ordered this one. For a step by step video of how I do it, you can watch this video.
3) Coconut Oil for Makeup Remover | This is less of a secret these days, but I’ve been using coconut oil for all kinds of beauty needs for the past five years or so. This was actually something I learned from the product development team at Urban Decay! In the winters I will mix some with my body lotion if my skin is dry. Love this article with multiple uses for coconut oil!
4) Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick as Chapstick | When I worked at Southern Living, I had the most darling coworker who now lives in New York. I was a Mentholatum addict, and she introduced me to this Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick as chapstick. ADDICTED. I have one in my bedside table, one in my handbag and I use one with SPF in the summer!
5) Charcoal Powder for Teeth Whitening | I just discovered this recently after too many disappointing teeth whitening results, and I love it. I try to use it once or twice a month before I brush my teeth and you instantly see results. I also took it to my dentist and he agreed that as long as I am not using it everyday, there shouldn’t be any damage to my enamel.
I hope some of you found these tips helpful! Would love to hear any tricks you might have. Thanks so much for reading – XO