Surprise! We had a Malibu vow renewal!
Juuussst kidding. These photos were actually taken in July of 2016 when a fabulous Mississippi photographer reached out to me about a road trip and wanting to snap some “vow renewal” style photos. She provided the boho dress, bouquet, theme, etc., and we just showed up and went with the flow. I got my hands on the photos this summer and have been holding onto them to share on our five year anniversary because it felt appropriate!
Christian and I have actually been together for 10 years. We always remember this because we started dating and I helped him pick out Bailey about a month or two after, so every May when she has a birthday she represents how long the three of us have been together. It’s kind of cheesy but also… pretty stinkin’ cute. Not that I’m (clearly) biased.
I thought I would share my five favorite things about Christian (and one annoying thing because we all like to laugh here, let’s be real) and vice versa.
Five of My Favorite Things About Christian
1. He’s a great partner. Though we tease each other and joke constantly, when it comes down to it – he’s always on my team and will do anything to support me. In turn, he knows I always have his back.
2. He respects my opinions. He is clearly incredibly smart, but he never makes me feel less than or like my voice isn’t as valuable.
3. He just gets funnier and funnier. Not to toot my own horn (toot toot!) but I swear he gets funnier and funnier every year. I like to think he is having to expand his humor to keep up with me, but I feel like we laugh together every day. And considering we only see each other for like… three hours a day, I think that’s pretty great.
4. He’s willing to try anything and adapts to change well. I am very Type A and have to remind myself to be more spontaneous. I kind of hate change and will stick to “the old way” of doing things for as long as I can. C is the opposite. I appreciate his eagerness to learn in every area of his life. It helps me open up and try new things too.
5. His curls. Ok this is less meaningful than the other four things but he actually has lots of curls and I just think they’re the cutest ever. Maybe it’s because my mom and sister have curls and I naturally have stick straight hair. But when it’s warm, if we’re at the beach or if he doesn’t “style” his hair, he gets all these flips and curls and it was one of my favorite things about him in 2007 and it still is now.
Annoying | He rarely SITS on the sofa, he just lies down like it’s a bed and then is surprised when I sit somewhere else. Like… where else am I supposed to sit if your body is physically taking up the entire sofa!? He’ll ask me to come sit with him and I’ll say, “where?” and he’ll move his feet like… five inches.
And when he’s really tired he lies down on the bed parallel to the headboard. And I can’t get in. And he won’t move. Just lie down like a normal person I can’t handle it.
Ok that’s two things. Still love you boo!
Five of My Favorite Things About Kathleen
1. Kathleen has self-confidence that is infectious. Her comfort with who she is encourages those around her, myself included, to embrace who they are.
2. She is very organized and meticulous with her calendar. This is particularly valuable since it makes up for a short-coming of mine.
3. Another aspect that is a ying to my yang is her extroverted personality. She brings energy to our home which is painfully absent when she’s gone.
4. She has a generous heart and is compassionate for people and animals who are less fortunate than she is. I’m sure it would be easy to get consumed with merchandise but it’s refreshing to see her happier to share with others than to accumulate more stuff for herself.
5. I admire Kathleen’s drive. Maybe its because I am still working to get through training on my first career while she is successful having juggled a pair of careers simultaneously. Her willingness to work hard and push herself motivates me to work hard as well.
Annoying | Her Housewives addiction. All the cities, every episode, multiple times because she was only half paying attention the first 3 times it was showing. These are followed by a commentary show followed by podcast recaps, some of which have infuriatingly bad impressions. Then come the reunions and next season previews. When she is away from the TV she is reading Andy Cohen books or dragging me around town to find some second rate liquor store that sells one of the character’s bad wine. It’s too much.
photos by Beth Morgan
I’d love to hear about some of your favorite things about your partner (or annoying – I mean, I’m not judging over here)!
Thank you so much for reading and have a beautiful weekend! XO –